SEFT Therapy Goals
The purpose of SEFT therapy is to help other people, both individually and in groups, in reducing psychological and physical suffering, so that the reference can be used to see that goal is in the motto which reads “LOGOS” (loving God, blessing to the others and self-improvement).
The three things that can be expressed from the motto are:
- Loving God, that is, one must love God, by means of his activities for good things and not against the established norms
- Blassing to the other is an expression that is shown so that we care for others to be able to
- Self improvement is having the meaning of improving oneself given the weaknesses and shortcomings in each person, therefore through this reflection one will be introspective to act carefully and not carelessly in everyday life and the whole purpose of SEFT is nothing but bringing people into a peaceful life. and prosperous.
Key to Successful SEFT Therapy
- Certain. In this case we are not required to believe in SEFT or ourselves, we only need to believe in the Almighty God and the Most Merciful God for us. So SEFT is still effective even though we are doubtful, not confident, ashamed if it doesn’t work, as long as we still believe in God, SEFT is still effective.
- Solemn. During therapy, especially during set-up, we must concentrate or be solemn’. Concentrate our minds at the time of doing the set-up (praying) on the Most Healer, pray with humility. One of the reasons why prayers are not answered is because we are not solemn, our hearts and minds are not present when praying only in our mouths, not wholeheartedly.
Sincere. Sincere means or accepting our pain (both physical and emotional) wholeheartedly. Sincerity means not complaining, not complaining about the calamity we are receiving. The thing that makes us sicker is that we don’t want to accept sincerely the pain or problem we are facing.
- Resigned. Surrender is different from sincerity. Sincerity is accepting with grace whatever we are experiencing right now, while surrender is surrendering what will happen later to God. We leave it to Him what happens next. Whether later the pain that we experience gets worse, gets better or is completely healed, we leave it to God.
- Gratitude. Grateful when conditions are fine is easy. It’s really hard to stay grateful when we are still sick or have unfinished problems. But is it not worth it if we at least be grateful for many other things in our lives that are still good and healthy. So we need “discipline of gratitude”, discipline our thoughts, hearts and actions to always be grateful even in difficult conditions. It is possible that the sickness that we suffer or the unfinished calamity happens because we forget to be grateful for the blessings we have received so far.